Campaign 2012 Project
Project Objectives: The students will be able to -
- establish, explain and apply criteria useful in selecting political leaders
- evaluate candidates based on their qualifications, experiences, speeches, and advertisements
- examine candidates' promises and how they align with the offices they seek and their voting records
- evaluate information and arguments from various sources
- identify stands taken by candidates on issues
In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to research the current candidates running for President and learn their stance on the issues. You will go through the 5 steps to make an educated decision on who to vote for to serve as the President of the United States.
- You will work in small groups to complete parts of the project and add them to this webpage.
- Each person in the group will have a specific role in their group and will be graded on their role as well as the whole.
- Final assessment for the project - After looking at the other classes' webpages on the candidates, you will be asked to vote on which of the 5 candidates you feel (at this point in the race) best meets your needs as a citizen. You will be asked, when you vote, to explain why you have chosen this candidate and use actual facts from that candidate's website to support your decision.
RESEARCH CAN BE DONE BY USING THIS LIBGUIDE